Friday, August 16, 2013

"But sun stole away" the review of 12 Bar Blues

12 Bar Blues, was Scott's first journey into his solo career. Interesting fact is he played all the instruments on the album. ALL! The one song I played over and over again, was "Lady, your roof brings me down". I loved it, it so quirky and  the accordion makes it seem like something out of a carnival. I always thought of him from the Lady Picture Show video, when I listened to this track. This song made into the Soundtrack for the movie "Great Expectations". The one song that made more news was Barberella, just for the oddity of the video. Scott portrays an alien stuck on earth waiting to get rescued by Barberella.

Review of  12 Bar Blues
* Lady, your roof brings me down- Love this! Favorite song.
* Cool Kiss- reminds me of Orgy, and I adore it. Love the darkness of it. He needs to do more like this in my opinion.
* MockingBird Girl- I liked this song, and heard he's been singing it on his new tour.
* Oposite octive reaction- reminds me of songs from Tiny Music album
* Where's the Man- a very underrated song in my opinion. Song always makes me emotional. Similar to Creep
* The Date- another dark one, and love the rawness of it.
* Son- this song is for his son zach.
*Jimmy was a Stimulator- it's ok.
*Barberella- You can hear the isolation, angst, and desperation in his voice. Love the chord changes. The break in the song at 3:19 reminds me of the Doors Moonlight Drive
*About Nothing-This song also reminded of Orgy, with a mix of David Bowie

*There was no full album on YouTube. This link is to my favorite song that is put on a 
12 Bar Blues Playlist.

Music Video
Barberella- The video explains it all. Hate his hair and way to skinny.






No comments:

Post a Comment