Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review of Weiland's Memoir: Dead & Not for Sale

Scott Wieland: Dead and Not for Sale memoir, was a roller coaster ride of a book. First off this book took forever for me to get it was released in July 2012 and I didn't get till Summer 2013. Also what was interesting was that with the publishing of his book Scott had made web episodes for the book (which are down below) There were many sad things that have on in Scott's life.  To date he's not doing drugs and I hope it stays like that FOREVER. He's an amazing artist and i will always support his music. Love this man to death!
A lot of people didn't like the book. Sometimes I wanted to know more information like about his time in jail, but overall I loved learning about how some of the songs were created, how STP was created, and how Scott has countless times fallen but has always managed to fight back and survive. Furthermore I loved seeing the pictures and art work throughout the book, it made the book seem more of him, then a bunch of pages with words on them. Some critics thought it took away from the book, but in my opinion he is a very creative musically driven person and his creativity shows in different ways throughout this book. Eventually I want to read his ex wife Mary Forsberg  (Yep, the same Mary that's made famous from the Wet My Bed song on Core) book Fall to Pieces: A Memoir of Drugs, Rock 'n' Roll, and Mental Illness.



Scott Webisodes
Scott's Webisode # 1

Scott's Webisode # 2


Scott's Webisode # 3

Scott's Webisode # 4
Scott's Webisode # 5
Scott's Webisode # 6

No comments:

Post a Comment