Monday, August 12, 2013

"Orange Crush" and review of Tiny Music from the Vatican gift shop

As stated from the last blog the first time i was introduced to STP was by seeing the Big Bang Baby music video. As a kid my only concern was the guy in the front singing in his black shirt and green pants (apparently Mr. Weiland was a hipster way before it was fashionable.) Speaking of fashion Mr. Weiland has had some interesting choices in clothing. While in this video the De Leoo brothers pay homage to 50 and 60 s style where the drummer kretz is being kretz. Visually wise this video at times reminded me of the Brady bunch, but the main message of the music business world was clearly stated.



Review of Tiny Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop: 
This album was the third for STP, and was a new avenue toward their styling and musicality. When compares to there alternative grunge-esque feel with their two albums before, this is a very melodic piece. This album also didn't recieve a lot of attention due to Wieland getting into trouble with the law and his "habits". I love this album it's like a Van Goguh painting, you never know where it's going to lead you next. On STP's Thank you album/DVD which contained there greatest hits, music videos, and concert footage has a video clip of them recording this album in the mansion they lived at together in Santa Barbra, CA.  I've always loved when STP placed an instrumental track onto their albums, and missed it when it wasn't in there fourth album No. 4. And the great thing is Tiny Music has two instrumentals. I think this album flows like a river from bank to bank, everything just ties in and melds together.  At times these songs reminded me of The Beatles. 



1.Press Play - instrumental, never liked the fade into the beginning of the song

2.Pop's love suicide- Awesome!
3.Tumble in the Rough- Love. To this day i know exactly when Big bang baby is going to play based upon the long outro of Tumble in the rough. 
4.Big Bang Baby- catchy lyrics and beats. Reminds me of the Beatles.
5.Lady Picture show- it's on my list. love
6.Trippin' on a whole on a paper heart- this song and big bang baby, made this album known.
7.And so I know- I like the song and has a jazz feel to it.
8.Art School Girl- in my opinion it's an ok song.
9.Adhesive- I love this song, the instrumentation and having the instead of his usual edgy/ruffiness shows his talents as a singer. 
10.Ride the Cliche'- ok.
11.Daisy (instrumental)- has a country twang to it.
12. Seven Caged Tigers- great closing song for the album


Music Videos

Big Bang Baby: Just LOVE <3

Tripping on a Hole Paper Heart: I love this video, and recently never knew that there was one for this song until I was watching the STP: Thank You DVD. 



Lady Picture Show. I loved how this video and interstate love song has the black and white



No comments:

Post a Comment