Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weiland's Purple to the Core Concert at Revolution Live 8/24/13

I went with my friends to Weiland's concert Purple to the Core on 8/24/13 at Revolution Live in Ft. Lauderdale.  First I had the drama of the meet and greet, that no one knew the time or if I needed a ticket, after I had all ready printed a receipt from my VIP ticket purchase. Eventually that was fixed. The venue in itself was nice, two bars, a lowered open floor, and a upper VIP area. The first band to go on waBobby Lee Rodgers Duo , they were great. The next band was The Last Internationale and they were amazing. They did some cover songs and their own.  I couldn't believe how good they were, really enjoyed their set. I regret that I didn't record their sets. When TLI set was over I was with the Meet and Greet group. We were taken back stage to meet Scott. I was vaguely nervous, but extremely excited to meet him. Then he steeped out of a door way on the side and I said "Ohhh my god", and it finally hit me that I was actually meeting him. 18 years of waiting to meet your idol. So I waited for my turn, which was agonizing. A security/crew person took my phone to take my picture with Scott. Scott autographed poster for me and then we did introductions, and  I fumbled while having to switch my poster to my left hand and shake with my right. I got a smirk from Wieland, I died. Next we took our picture and then I had to leave. In my last seconds of me with him, I told him to have a kick ass show and he nodded at me as he took another picture. My group was waiting for Scott to be done and then we were ushered out of the back and people were screaming " Thanks!" We Love you!".
This was the set list for the night :
  • Opener Jazz piece
  • "Crackerman"
  • "Meatplow"
  • "Paralysis"
  • "Jean Genie" (David Bowie cover)
  • "Kitchenware and Candybars"
  • "Where the River Goes"
  • "Mountain Song" (Jane's Addiction cover)
  • "The Big Empty"
  • "Can't Stand Me Now" (The Libertines cover)
  • "Vaseline"
  • "Dead & Bloated"
Encore
  • "Roadhouse Blues" (The Doors cover)
  • "Unglued"


 Overall The Wildabouts did a phenomenal job backing up Weiland. I thought this was a great show. All songs were spot on and Wieland singing was great, every pitch perfect. The random moments of the concert were Weiland's bit about alligators. Otherwise got entertained by his skills on the kazoo and hermonica in one song. And his obsession with putting the mega phone near the amps which would make a wooing noise. The encore time frame was interesting, all that played was some background music and the phaser machine, which made me think Wieland might be good with electronica. At one point I got emotional while Wieland was singing the song Kitchenware and Candybars, he really belted this one out, and I was imagining him in different times of his life singing, the concerts i've seen him, my obsession, and the culminating fact of finally meetig him. 
Weiland and I

 Just an awesome shot of weiland, without shades (not concert).


My Friends and I  in line and in Revolution
 and  below is Weiland



After the Concert with the Last Internationale

The Last Internaionale performing

The Bobby Lee Rodgers Duo Performing


 Weiland and the Wildabouts



I took video myself of the concert, but editing it now. This is from a fellow concert attendee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BP4Hh9WYKfo


No comments:

Post a Comment