Saturday, August 24, 2013

"I was Superman but looks are deceiving" Sour Girl Favorite Video

There are many video's that STP has produced and I love each and everyone of them, but I had to pick my personal favorite, which was Sour Girl. It was a while since i heard from the great band, Believing that there was never going to be another album or that  Weiland fell off the deep end and in some serious trouble.  Only having Weiland's 12 bar blues to keep me company and the STP albums.Then i saw it on my tv...THE video. Surreal. A dream/nightmare perhaps. Then the orchestra strings playing. And then a shirtless tattooed figure came into view....and i fell in love all over again. It was Weiland, but he wasn't super skinny. He looked amazing to me. Loved how the video changed from black and white together, depending on the lyrics and the mood.  All i knew is Sarah Michelle Gellar was a very lucky girl (Interesting fact she's a fan of STP and while Scott was in jail he had become a fan of the Buffy show and requested her for the video). Gellar plays a dark angel/Scott's love interest in the video.My obsession returned, and of course none of my friends knew who i was talking about or why my school binders had a shirtless tattooed man on the cover. Oh and then by chance that  summer i got to see him in concert (My 1st STP concert). You will remember this video based on the evil bunny, and the telletubby like creatures, and Weilands dancing which looked like he was doing Tai Chi.







Music Video


No comments:

Post a Comment