Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Tangled with your Mind" the Happy in Galoshes Review

Happy in Galoshes (2008) was Scott''s second solo album. I knew Scott had made another solo album. But was still annoyed he was not with STP, so i never took a chance listened.It was not until i found out he was touring in Florida, did i listen to his album. If i were to compare to 12 Bar Blues its completely different. The one song i loved is Tangled in my Mind the video was cute. Unbenounced  to me I have been listening to the deluxe edition on Youtube that had 11 extra songs to the already 10, so it's a  bit of a mix.



Review of Happy in Galoshes
*Missing Cleveland- All I kept things of was davie bowies changes, the music and the chord pattern.
*Tangle with your mind- Reminds me of "tiny music" album.
*Blind Confusion- really indie
*Paralysis- another one that reminds me of bowie, super catchy. LOVE
*She sold her system- very spacey, and reminds me of 12 bar blues Barberalla #2, very .chill.
*Fame (David Bowie cover)
*Killing me Sweetly- good
*Big Black Monster- great
*Crash- i didn't like the beginning, in such a high pitch for him. Love it!
Beautiful Day- i'm in between on this one
=Hyper-Fuzz-Funny Car- reminded me of "crackerman". "I'm burning alive" All it needed was a bull horn!
=Man I didn't know- was written for his dad he never knew. really heart breaking
=Somtimes chicken soup- love the banjo in it
=Something must go this way-
*Pictures and Computers (I'm not Superman)- love the big band feel to it in the beginning with the trumpets
*Arch Angel- there were too many noises in this song and it annoyed me, I couldn't appreciate the song due to this
*Be not afraid- I really thought this was intresting because it is a Jesiuit Hymn
Exerpt from Scott Weiland's memoir Dead and Not for Sale:
"In my preteen years, I had developed a deep and abiding love of God, inspired by the ministry of Father Plato and Father Trevisin. Dave brought us into the Catholic fold. My mother had been Episcopalian but felt comforted by the view of Christ afforded by these two gentle priests. It wasn’t about fire and brimstone, guilt or punishment. It was about a compassionate and patient love that doesn’t judge, scorn, or scold. “Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest.” I related to the notion of… an all-forgiving love. I wanted it.
I became an altar boy. I wore the robes. During Mass, I brought the wine and host to the priests. I lit the candles. Today, no matter where I am–tour bus, hotel room, studio, cabin in the woods–I light the candles. They… remind me of a time when God sat in the center of my heart. Not that He’s ever disappeared…"

This link is to a playlist of Happy in Galoshes, since there's not a full album on Youtube

Music Videos

Tangled with your Mind



Paralysis



Missing Cleveland



No comments:

Post a Comment