Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Chameleon

The Chameleon. This post is about Scott's gift as a singer. You know you a hearing Weiland singing either his the growls of his low baritone voice (Sex Type Thing/Plush) or his nice mid range (Creep), this man got a voice . Sadly he has been compared to of Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and Nirvana's Kurt Cobain. I both love Vedder and Cobain, but I don't think his styling came from them.  This mans voice is amazing in my opinion how he can hit some notes! I love when sings with that raspy-ness, like in  Sex Type Thing or Dead & Bloated. I have never heard such different vocal ranges come out of the mouth of this man. I disliked his voice during his time with Velvet Revolver, it was unrecognizable in my opinion. He's greatest was the early 90;s during the Core/Purple. He can still hit those ranges today.  This video below truly depicts what Weiland is capable of doing, there are nothing holding this man back.


Going into the big debate of Chester now being the front man of STP. (If you did not the other members of STP fired their front man, STP- Scott= No STP) I cringe every-time I hear Chester belt our an STP song, I know he is doing the best he can in his range, but he's basically trying to copy Wieland's vocals. Don't get me wrong, I love Chester and Linkin Park, but it does not fit him. He's a great screamer, but he voice does not stay at the same register. I feel like in dead an bloated he's just gonna cut in with Crawling He's good with Likin Park, and Weiland with STP! In Dead and Bloated Scott is at a Baritone level through, and stays in his range. Look at the difference between "I am smelling like a rose on birthday death bed". Whereas Chester goes low and then back to his mid range. I'm still disgusted at what his ex-band mates did to him.Guys just kiss and makeup all ready!

Stone Temple Pilots Dead & Bloated (best example)

Weiland on tour now (the tempo was sped up, I don't know why )



Vs Chester on tour with STP

No comments:

Post a Comment