Friday, August 16, 2013

"Pick a flower, hold your breath and drift away." The Review of Purple

 Purple was the second album released for Stone Temple Pilots. When we bought cassettes for STP, it was Tiny Music 1st, Purple 2nd, Core 3rd (which took forever to find), and then followed with their other album releases. Also listen for the hidden track. This album has many recognizable songs. Just recently I've fallen in love with the song Still Remains. I never really recalled listening to it when I was younger, but amazing in my opinion. Ever since I heard Scott's on tour, I've been listening to every album daily and brushing up on my Purple and Core albums.

Review of Purple
*Meatplow- Just love it.
*Vasoline- a very recognizable song and I love it.
*Lounge Fly-  I love this song, other then the F-bombs making it edgier. I believe Robert did the guitar for this track, and it was phenomenal.
*Interstate Love Song-This is a very recognizable song, that's been played on the radio for years. I like the country twang and the video was awesome. I learned more about this song when reading about it Scott's memoir.
*Still Remains" - sadly I never remember this song, but recently listening to this album, I came to love this song. Scott is a great lyricist. This song is up their on my list, tie between this and sour girl. Why was there no video for this!!!
*Pretty Penny"- I never liked this song, but love the instruments, between the bongos, tambourine, and guitars. the word that comes to mind Transcendence.
*Silvergun Superman- Another song I love, the guitars are so sick on it.  
*Big Empty- this song is famous because it was put in the movie "The Crow", reminds me of Plush and Creep sometimes.  
*Unglued- So catchy!
*Army Ants- I never cared for this song, but love Scott's vocals how they change from his mid range and then a bit of grittiness.  
*Kitchenware & Candybars- I adore this song. Very powerful. STP has a way of evoking emotions.


Music Videos

Vasoline- great

Interstate Love Song- I've gotten this confused with Lady Picture Show, because of the black and white. Love seeing the band mates having fun and Scott driving in the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment